Ottawa MELT Method
Level 1: Hand & Foot Treatment
Get IN Your BODY
Get OUT of PAIN
MELT Method is a gentle self-treatment technique that enhances mobility, stability, and performance and is clinically proven to reduce persistent pain while easing the mind and restoring overall wellbeing.
Let's Begin with Some Questions About Your Stuck Stress...
- When you woke up today, did your body feel stiff?
- Do you find yourself adjusting, stretching, cracking or rubbing your neck or back to relieve tension?
- Do you experience stiffness or swelling in your hands or feet?
- Do you have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep?
- Do you have gas or indigestion no matter what you eat?
- Do you feel exhausted or have a mild headache in the afternoon?
- Do you wake up with anxiety or have mood swings?
- Do you feel bloated or struggle with your weight?
- Do you spend a lot of your day in one posture (i.e sitting)?
- Does your work or exercise require a lot of repetitive movements?
If you answered YES to any of the above, have you accepted this as your new normal?
Let's change that!
Are in Your Tissues!
Pain and discomfort is your body's way of trying to get your attention so you will take care of something that's going on.
What's that "something"? It's your connective tissue, which is a 3D matrix of tissue that connects your skin to your bones and surrounds all your organs and muscles. Learn about the missing link to pain-free living that can't be addressed by diet, exercise, meditation or supplements - the issue is in your tissue!
Become Your Own
Discover simple self-treatment that helps you stay healthy, youthful, and pain free
With the Hand & Foot Treatment, you will practice sequences that work on the following issues:
- hand, foot, leg, knee, hip, back, shoulder and neck pain
- plantar fasciitis, bunions, neuromas
- arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger
- headaches, gut issues, and insomnia!
Enroll in Level 1: Hand & Foot Treatment
By the End of This Program You Will Know:
How to treat yourself as a skilled, hands-off therapist:
- Overview of your connective tissue
- Understanding pain and its message
- The 4 R's of MELT: Reconnect, Rebalance, Rehydrate & Release
- How to practice a variety of treatments which work locally on the hands and feet, but have a whole-body effect
- How to continue practicing the treatments on your own with the provided resources
Learn the MELT massage techniques using the MELT ball kit:
MELT Assessments & Techniques:
- Grip Assess
- Wrist Assess
- Arm Line Assess
- Body Scan Assess
- Toe Lift Assess
- Spine Flex Assess
- Hip Hinge Assess
- Finger Compression
- Position Point Pressing
- Direct Shear
- Indirect Shear
- Finger Rinsing
- Forearm Shearing (Ventral/Flexor/Underside)
- Forearm Shearing (Dorsal/Extensor/Topside)
- Forearm Rinsing
- Forefoot Rinse (Across)
- Toe to Heel Rinse (Down)
- Knuckle Decompress
- Bunion Treatment
- Mini Soft Ball Hand Treatment
- Soft Ball Hand Treatment
- Full Hand Treatment
- Forearm Treatment (Top)
- Forearm Treatment (Bottom)
- Mini Soft Ball Foot Treatment
- Soft Ball Foot Treatment
- Full Foot Treatment
- Bunion Treatment
Hand & Foot Treatment Workshop Series
Learn the MELT moves and sequences to massage your hands and feet in order to treat your entire body and become pain-free!
In-person at the studio:
Jan 30 - Feb 27, 2024 (5 weeks)
Includes follow-along videos to practice at home!
MELT Hand & Foot Therapy Ball Kit
This kit contains everything you need for this workshop. It includes a large soft ball, a large firm ball, a small soft ball, a small firm ball, a bunion band, and a small MELT carry tote.
You will need this kit to participate in the workshop series.
At the time of registration, you can add on the purchase of the kit.
If you already own the kit, then pay for the workshop only.
"I have already begun to feel how our hands and feet impact, release or restrain, other areas of the body!
I thoroughly enjoyed attending the MELT Level 1 Hand and Foot Treatment sessions that we just completed. Your instruction and the handouts were well designed and I simply cannot believe how much was covered in just 5 weeks. And yet, each class was well-paced and time devoted to performing the previous week's exercises so that you could see what, if any corrections or tweaks needed to be made to each one's personal practice. Over this time, too, I have already begun to feel, and to appreciate, how our hands and feet impact, release or restrain, other areas of the body. Case in point, my mildly arthritic fingers move freely and painlessly and my neck is no longer tight!
Integrating this practice into my daily schedule is easy and while it relaxes, it also energizes as I realize I have more freedom of movement in my limbs.
Your instruction, both verbal and in demonstrating the movements, are excellent and easy to follow. And it is reassuring to know that you are checking that we are doing the poses and exercises correctly.
Thank you and Happy Melting!"
Where is Stuck Stress
Living in Your Body?
Learn how to treat yourself like a skilled, hands-off therapist
MELT is both “prehab” (a method you can use to prevent pain and issues before they start) and a practice that can help ease aches or imbalances that have already set in.
“A little proactive self-care goes a long way toward keeping you pain-free and active for a lifetime.”
- Sue Hitzmann