JOIN THE WAITLIST FOR
200hr Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training
The most comprehensive program for understanding the philosophy and principles of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan
This training develops your own personal yoga practice and lifestyle so that you can deliver amazing classes as a yoga teacher.
Get notified for the 2023 program!
200hr Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Program
The Aquarian Teacher
KRI Level 1 Teacher Training Program
Part-time, In-Person Training in Ottawa
Our life-changing program is a right fit if you are:
- interested in understanding the key fundamentals of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan, in order to develop your own personal practice
- planning to teach Kundalini Yoga and want to develop your mindset, teaching skillset and business acumen so that you can share your passion with your community
- seeking proper certification in Kundalini Yoga issued by the Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) and a recognized Yoga Alliance approved program
- looking to take complete your training with a knowledgeable training team who is fully immersed in this lifestyle and teachings
- interested in reviewing your lifestyle and integrating health-promoting habits for a transformational way of being
- ready to live your best life and inspire others to do so as well!
"It has been a wonderful journey of personal growth, challenges and a discovery of valuable tools to use in every aspect of my life.
I enjoyed learning and discovering new ways of thinking and being with Navjit Kaur, and I am able to say today I finished this program with so much more than I had imagined at first. Her professionalism, her focus and her embodiment of the lifestyle and ideology of yoga guided me with grace and determination throughout this adventure of self discovery and helped me push through every block. The delivery of the program and of the teachings was consistent and well-organized, enabling us to focus on learning and on practicing. The studio is well set-up and an ideal sanctuary for the course, where you feel comfortable, at ease and filled with a peaceful feeling. Even the transition to virtual learning due to the current pandemic was smooth and made easy for us. This course is much more than a training; it is a reboot for your mind, body and soul and a great plunge into your deeper self, your true desires and aspirations as well as a profound look into who you truly are and want to be. Many thanks and blessings to the trainer team for this beautiful experience which leaves me filled with power, clarity and much deeper knowledge on the beautiful gift that is yoga. Sat Nam!"
By the End of This Program,
you will know:
History & Philosophy
- An overview of the origin & philosophy, of Kundalini yoga
- The definition of yoga, kriya, G.O.D and the meaning of the Adi Shakti and Ek Ong Kar symbols
- Kundalini Yoga as a sacred science
- The 5 Sutras of the Aquarian Age
- The Seven Steps to Happiness
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Patanjali's Eight Limbs of Yoga
- The varieties of yoga
- The relationship between Kundalini Yoga and Sikh Dharma
- The importance of sacred Sikh scriptures: Japji Sahib and the Siri Guru Granth Sahib
- Kundalini yoga and the House of Guru Ram Das
- The Cosmic Law of Manifestation & Being
- The Five Tattvas & 3 Gunas
- The journey of the Soul - Karma, Dharma, Reincarnation & Liberation
- The Theory of Cause and Effect
- The Yugas - Cosmic Cycles
Anatomy & Physiology
- How Kundalini Yoga addresses the various systems of the body
- An overview of each of the following systems and their relationship with one another:
- Lymphatic & Immune
- Negative influences and risk factors to each of the above systems
- Suggested foods, Kundalini poses, pranayam, kriyas, meditation and other support for each of the body systems
- The effects of stress on the body and the benefits of Kundalini Yoga for regulating the body's stress & relaxation response
- The subtle anatomy of the body
- Yogic anatomy (koshas, kundalini, prana, vayus, nadis, chakras) and how it relates to physiology
- The significance of the Navel Point
- The Ten Bodies - what they are and how to balance them
- Various breathing techniques (pranayama) such as Breath of Fire, Long Deep Breathing, Alternate Nostril and numerous meditations using the breath
- How to practice and teach Kundalini poses, kriyas & meditations which directly work with Yogic Anatomy
- The application of bandhas (energy locks) to affect subtle energy
- Root lock
- Diapraghm lock
- Neck lock
- Great lock
- How to use mudras (hand positions) to channel energy
- How to assess energetic needs and apply appropriate techniques
Yoga Asana (Poses)
- How to practice and teach over 50 main Kundalini yoga poses
- How to practice and teach Sun Salutation
- How to practice and teach warm-ups
- How to practice and teach each pose safely by providing alignment cues, modifications and integrating with breath
- How to use counter poses when coming out of a Kundalini pose for short breaks and transitions within a kriya
- How to use props to make poses more accessible to differently abled bodies
- The proper alignment principles of Kundalini yoga poses, contraindications and how to prevent injuries
- How to analyze poses to understand their anatomical and energetic benefits
- How to assess your own body's alignment needs and those of your class attendees
- The basic characteristics of the mind
- The Three Minds - negative, positive and neutral
- The Cycle of Intellect
- How to explain the purpose and benefits of meditation
- How to integrate the meditative mind into the practice of Kundalini yoga
- How to setup and prepare for meditation
- The use of breath, eye focus and mudras for meditation
- The significance of meditating for a duration of time and consecutive days
- The various forms of meditation in Kundalini yoga (gong, mala, tratakum, White Tantric, Celestial Communication, Sat Nam Rasayan, Venus Kriyas, Breathwalk)
- How to practice and teach over 60 different meditations using silent awareness or with mantra
- The science of Naad Yoga - why chanting works
- How to chant over 40 mantras and understand their use
- How to develop your own meditation practice
- How to effectively teach meditation
- How to create a welcoming, sacred space for your class
- How to teach and manage your class from beginning to end (tuning in with Adi Mantra, warm-ups, kriya, relaxation, meditation, closing with Longtime Sun)
The language of Kundalini Yoga (cueing, student self-awareness, teacher's projection)
- Teaching guidelines
- How to create class themes (i.e. for the season, for yogic anatomy, systems of the body, etc)
- How to use verbal and visual cueing when teaching
- How to make effective use of music and sound to match the pace of your class and intention of each phase
- How to teach with your authentic voice
Personal Development & Self Care
- Strategies for developing a daily yoga practice (sadhana)
- Self-reflection and tools for personal growth using journaling & assignments relevant to the topics covered each class
How to improve your overall health using Humanology (Yogic Psychology) and Yogic Lifestyle
- The Five Stages of Spiritual Development
- The Cycles of Life
- Ten Sacred Secrets to Success
- How to wake up to the day and relax to sleep
- How to practice the science of hydrotherapy
- The practice of Ayurveda and Yogic Diet
- The guidelines for healthy digestion and elimination
- How to use foods for health and healing
- Potent foods for men and those for women
- How to make Yogi Tea and other recipes
- The role and identity of a Kundalini yoga teacher
- The Two Laws for the Kundalini Teacher
- How to serve the consciousness of the student
- The Code of Ethics of a Kundalini yoga teacher
- The Code of Excellence of a Kundalini yoga teacher
- The Code of Professional Standards
- How to perform the Teachers Oath
- The definition of a Yogi
- How to meet the challenges of teaching Kundalini yoga
- How to access resources for a Kundalini yoga teacher
- How to convey the features and benefits of Yin yoga to your audience
- How to identify your niche and ideal client
- How to create your message to your ideal client
- How to market and promote your classes
- How to stay connected with your peers and trainer for momentum, support and for continuing education
- How to competently and confidently lead classes based on your experience of teaching your classmates the various components of a class: opening with mantra, pranayama, individual yoga poses, kriyas, relaxation, meditation and closing with mantra
- How to draw from your experience of hosting your own 'friends & family' practicum class
- How to use the feedback and suggestions from your mentor and peers in their evaluation of your final practicum class
- How to create your classes and have access to our library of class sequences available online
- How to keep honing your skills with your accountability partner, peers and mentor
Yoga & Tea Studio
“It has been a wonderful journey of personal growth, challenges and a discovery of valuable tools to use in every aspect of my life. I enjoyed learning and discovering new ways of thinking and being with Navjit Kaur, and I am able to say today I finished this program with so much more than I had imagined at first. Her professionalism, her focus and her embodiment of the lifestyle and ideology of yoga guided me with grace and determination throughout this adventure of self discovery and helped me push through every block. The delivery of the program and of the teachings was consistent and well-organized, enabling us to focus on learning and on practicing. The studio is well set-up and an ideal sanctuary for the course, where you feel comfortable, at ease and filled with a peaceful feeling. Even the transition to virtual learning due to the current pandemic was smooth and made easy for us. This course is much more than a training; it is a reboot for your mind, body and soul and a great plunge into your deeper self, your true desires and aspirations as well as a profound look into who you truly are and want to be. Many thanks and blessings to the training team for this beautiful experience which leaves me filled with power, clarity and much deeper knowledge on the beautiful gift that is yoga. Sat Nam!”
October 2020 graduate
Yoga & Tea Studio
“This course gave me everything I was looking for and worth the money spent. Transformative and empowering. Thank you Navjit Kaur. ”
October 2020 graduate
Yoga & Tea Studio
“The Teacher Training Course at Yoga and Tea was AWESOME! As someone who had ‘dabbled’ in various kinds of yoga and was curious to learn more, I was not sure what I was getting in to, but was delightfully surprised. What an EXCELLENT course! As a busy mom, working full-time, the great schedule offered meant finally a course I could take. The location is beautiful. The teachers are well-qualified and excellent. My fellow classmates are all wonderful people and it was interesting to hear their backgrounds and learn how their paths had brought them to the course. The week-long retreat at Shanti on Wolfe Island was amazing. Immersed solely in the yogi life for a week, pampered with wonderfully prepared vegetarian meals, yoga indoors in the beautiful yoga room or the wonderful yurt, or outdoors where the vibrations of the Gong travelled to the heavens. What a beautiful, inspiring place to learn! What an experience! Not only does the course prepare one for teaching but it is a great tool to enhance our self-discovery and our own health and wellness. It is physically, mentally and spiritually stimulating. The course at Yoga and Tea is particularly recommended as it provides such a serene and beautiful location, the teachers are wonderful, and the schedule is very practical. What a great, life-enhancing experience!”
Yoga & Tea Studio
“The Teacher Training course was totally not what I expected. But I am not sure I even knew what to expect. I simply joined for the love of yoga and an inner yearning to fill a void in my heart. I thought I had everything a solid career with a pension, a supportive husband of 12 years and 2 amazing boys but my life did not feel complete. I was tired of waking up sad and not knowing why. After my second pregnancy my body and my mind never recovered from post-partum. With a family history of anxiety and depression I battled through bouts of both at peak stress periods in my life during my 30’s and into my 40’s. I was fortunate to read about the benefits for the body and mind that Kundalini offered and I jumped into the course with both feet. Before the course I had never taken a Kundalini class. The subtle changes, at first, were in the clarity of my mind. I had no more racing thoughts in my head. I now realized how negative my thinking was. I was way too negative and pessimistic towards myself and life. The second change was the strengthening of my nervous system. I no longer felt jumpy or nervous during my menstruation cycle. I also no longer suffer from painful menstruation cycles which I suffered for many years. Now they come and go with barely any notice. I am so much calmer and relaxed. My moods are much more stable and do not fluctuate with my cycles.
I have been questioning my spirituality and where I belong in this life for a long, long time. Now I truly have concrete answers. The course made me take a deep, long hard look at my behaviours and patterns I had developed and the more I went deeper inside myself the more I did not like the course (or so I thought!). It was making me dissect myself piece by piece, thought by thought. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but one of the most rewarding. ”
Joanne Saracuse (part 1)
Yoga & Tea Studio
“I look back at my transformation from January to July and it is unbelievable. I am still me, but a much stronger, compassion, confident, secure and happier me. I had so many self discovery moments after each weekend of the course. Some of my best moments were sitting for 5 hours on the train and replaying the weekend over and matching it up to some of my life experiences, how I was going to change things and how some of the conversations totally related to my current situations. It made me appreciate my husband, my children and my friends on such a deeper level. I feel grateful for everything in my life. I am able to truly live in the moment, not just say it. One of the best gifts of Kundalini is it just keeps on giving. The more I keep up my personal practice and use all the technology to better myself, the more I am able to give myself to others. I am so excited to teach, share and help others with this beautiful yoga Yogi Bhajan has shared with us. Sat Nam!”
Joanna Saracuse (part 2)
Yoga & Tea Studio
“I had embarked on the Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training because I was hoping to deepen my understanding of Kundalini Yoga. I definitely got a much better-rounded idea of the "what"s and "why"s of Kundalini Yoga...and what a trip it turned out to be! They say that people who aren't interested in change will not be drawn to Kundalini Yoga. My personal experience is in complete alignment with that thought: over the 8 months of our course, the training gently but firmly brought every aspect of my life into focus. Having a framework within which to really question my own values and beliefs, and how they are reflected in the life I live was enlightening beyond any of my expectations. Having such a beautifully supportive "net" of teachers and fellow students made what could have been a frightening process an adventure in growth. Thanks to this class, I have new friends to share our exciting next steps with as we continue on our journeys! Although there are many (many) things that I got out of this training, I would say the single biggest one for me was developing (or perhaps discovering) my own personal discipline. As someone who has never managed to maintain any new habit for a month (let alone multiple months!), I surprised myself by finding that I *am* capable of discipline and rigour... I just needed to find a reason to enforce it! Another great benefit of this training was the emphasis and value placed on individual experience. There is no shortage of guidance from both Yogi Bhajan and the wonderful teachers, but in the end, your own experience--the voice of the true You--becomes another trusted friend. The week at Shanti was a wonderful way to bring together all the concepts we'd spent the previous half year discussing, and it gave the class a really rare opportunity to "just be" and truly get to know each other. This training has been a wonderful gift that continues to brighten my life--thank you!”
Yoga & Tea Studio
“I took this training to deepen my practice after 20 years of doing Kundalini on and off... also to offer it at my new vegetarian cafe and in preparation of the Aquarian Age. It taught me so much about myself and the beauty and technicalities of the practice. I felt so good on those "retreat" weekends at the lovely Yoga & Tea Studio. I enjoyed all the different teachers and especially the beautiful retreat at Shanti where we had our final bonding. It will be nice to keep in touch with everyone and support each other in our yogic journey. I'm already planning on going to Level 2.”
Yoga & Tea Studio
“I came to the Kundalini Teacher Training program at Yoga and Tea after 15 years of involvement with Kundalini Yoga. I wanted to deepen my training and understanding of this wonderful technology and the program at Yoga and Tea provided me with a potent opportunity to do this. The program sparked my yoga practice and engaged me in a new learning process that was so beneficial. The small group atmosphere, I think, allowed for greater personal attention to our progress by the trainers. The training was interesting, thorough and comprehensive and offered in a professional manner. Each trainer brought their personal experience and wisdom to the program. They were truly concerned about our welfare and were attentive to creating an open, expansive environment conducive to our learning. The program, by its nature, challenges students to grow and expand and this was the greatest benefit of the program for me. I feel stronger and steadier now not just in terms of teaching but at much deeper levels of my being. Spending time with such a wonderful, willing and kind group was such a blessing and I am so grateful to everyone for this profound opportunity. Every day I feel the lasting impact of the program on my life. Thank you , thank you, thank you for bringing the program to Yoga and Tea Studio.”
It's All in the Details...
This program will give you a deeper appreciation of this much-needed yoga practice, and explain why it compliments other active yoga practices!
- Become an impactful and competent Kundalini Yoga Practitioner & Teacher with this comprehensive yoga training program
- Receive your certification to qualify for a 200hr RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) designation with Yoga Alliance, enabling you to teach anywhere in the world
- Train with our award-winning studio
- Enjoy a low student to teacher ratio that will promote more individual attention and personal development
- Learn at a comfortable pace with this 1 day a week program spread over 23 weeks (keep your weekends free!)
- Train with our knowledgeable training team, experts in their field and over 50 years of experience in the health & wellness field
- Receive an official Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202) for Tuition and Education Tax Credits for personal income tax
Meet Your Training Team!
The KRI Level One Aquarian Teacher Training Program is a 220-hour professional certification program in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®.
This program introduces the student to the principles and practices of the self-sensory human, and explores how Kundalini Yoga and yogic lifestyle can harmonize and uplift the human experience and awaken your true potential.
Lead Trainer Candidate
Navjit Kaur is the founder and director of the award-winning Yoga & Tea Studio (2008-present) and continues to teach and provide training programs in the area and abroad.
As a mom, wife, Professional Engineer and Yogipreneur, Navjit Kaur enjoys sharing how yoga philosophy and techniques help you to deal with modern day issues relating to stress, health and relationships. Her approach in teacher training programs is to provide you with the experience of being a student first, and from there how to develop a personal practice —so that you can be of better service to those you teach based on your own experience of what you have practiced. Her gentle, friendly demeanor, joyful attitude, and effective communication and organization skills, make her programs accessible, provide introspection and growth, and an opportunity for you to heal, and be challenged to excel.
She has been organizing White Tantric Yoga meditation events in Ottawa since 2013. Navjit Kaur has taught over 5000 hours and continues to deepen her own personal practice and the art of teaching by taking continuing education.
Dr. Krishna Kaur
Dr. Krishna Kaur Khalsa is passionate about Kundalini yoga and meditation, as she has over 40 years of teaching in US & Canada. As a KRI certified Lead Teacher Trainer, she utilizes her professional training and corporate experience, along with her love for community to facilitate Kundalini yoga teacher training programs (Levels 1, 2 & 3) and a variety of workshops.
She studied with the Master of Kundalini Yoga, Yogi Bhajan and has been a certified KRI teacher trainer since 1996. Since 2007, Krishna Kaur has worked closely with KRI and senior trainers developing standards for the Aquarian Trainer Academy. She led the KRI team who designed the Level Three Teacher training program and also developed an online sexual harassment course for yoga teachers and trainers.
Professionally, Krishna Kaur spent 25 years as a registered psychologist in Ontario, where she worked for 14 years as an Employee Counselor and Senior HR Consultant for the city of Toronto and 3 years as Manager of Learning & Development with the city of Markham. Currently she lives in northern California where she is a Program Manager for Future Workforce in the Career Development and Learning section of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District.
Hari Darshan Singh
Hari Darshan Singh Khalsa has practiced Kundalini yoga and meditation since he was 17 years old. He studied with the Master of Kundalini Yoga, Yogi Bhajan and has been a KY yoga teacher since 1980 and a certified KRI teacher trainer since 1996. Hari Darshan Singh and his wife, Krishna Kaur, specialize in training teachers of Kundalini Yoga. As certified Lead trainers, they have delivered both Level I and Level II KRI Kundalini Yoga Teachers’ Training programs in Toronto, Canada, Sacramento, and Reno. Hari Darshan is a retired Shiatsu Therapist and a breath coach. He previously taught Shiatsu Therapy at Kikkawa College in Toronto. Hari Darshan is an excellent guitar player and enjoys leading live musical chants.
Meherbani Kaur Desrochers Khalsa specializes in uplifting and empowering women of all cycles of life and those who support them. She has been an Orthomolecular Certified Nutritionist since 1994 and is a certified teacher-trainer of Breathwalk (La Marche Méditative – un pas vers Soi ™). She is a Certified Specialist in Longevity of the Brain® and recently completed the Level One certification of the Dying into Life Journey® doula training.
For over 25 years, Meherbani Kaur has offered sangat gatherings, classes, workshops, trainings, retreats, private consultations and coaching in French, English and Spanish. She resides in eastern rural Ontario and primarily works in Canada, but her experience has provided teaching opportunities for her in India, USA, Japan, and Cuba.
She is a lover of languages and culture —presently studying Korean, Hindi and Punjabi. She is also a dedicated student of Gurbani kirtan with her teacher in Anandpur Sahib, India. She shares these elevating vibrations with all to strengthen the body, calm the mind and to live one's birthright of true happiness.
Rupinder Kaur Khalsa is a KRI certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher specialized in Yoga for Women and Yoga and Mental Health. She has taught in different Teacher Training programs in Santiago, Chile and Toronto.
She is also a Business Administrator with experience in social interventions for women who have suffered domestic violence, incarcerated women and different communities.
Currently, she works as a Marketing Assistant at Sikh Dharma International and as an Assistant Coordinator at IKYTA (International Yoga Teachers Association).
She is committed to sharing the ancient teachings of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan, in a profound and transformative way.
Yogi Bhajan - Master of Kundalini Yoga
Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga, arrived in the United States in 1969 with a stated purpose: “I have come to create Teachers, not to gather disciples.”
For over 30 years, he traveled internationally teaching Kundalini Yoga, the Yoga of Awareness. In 1969 Yogi Bhajan founded 3HO - the Happy, Healthy, Holy Organization, based on his first principle “Happiness is your birthright.”
Through The Aquarian Teacher Program, Yogi Bhajan has trained thousands of KRI Certified Kundalini Yoga Teachers. In 1994, the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association, (IKYTA), was formed to further spread these priceless teachings through the united efforts of Kundalini Yoga teachers worldwide.
Although Yogi Bhajan has left his physical form, the light of his spiritual essence continues to inspire humanity through the teachings of Kundalini yoga as his legacy and gift to the world .
"If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it"
Be the first to know when registration opens up for our 200hr Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Program!
Be the first to know when registration opens up for our 200hr Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Program!
You’ll receive email alerts for special bonus offers and be notified as soon as we start accepting students into our highly anticipated program.
"The life of the yogi is to manifest a beautiful, bountiful and wonderfully blissful tomorrow."
- Yogi Bhajan